Boards & Commissions
Please submit applications before January 15th, 2018 to be considered for interviews!
- 2 Alternate members for the Board of Adjustment
- 1 Alternate member for the Historic Preservation Board
- 1 Alternate member for the Commercial Core & Lodging Commission
- 1 Regular member for the Local Licensing Authority
- 1 Regular member & 1 Joint Alternate member for the Housing Board
- 3 Regular members & 1 Joint member for the Animal Shelter Board
- 3 Regular members for the Board of Appeals
- 1 Regular member for the Open Space Board
- 1 Regular member & 2 Alternate members for the Planning & Zoning Commission
- 1 Regular member & 1 Alternate member for the Next Gen Board
- 1 Regular member for the Wheeler Board
The Board of Adjustment consists of a five member volunteer board of city residents that are appointed by City Council, each to a four year term.
The Citizen Grant Review Committee evaluates each non-profit grant request in terms of demonstrated financial need, fiscal viability, and adherence to the goals and values of the City of Aspen and value added to the community.
The Historic Preservation Commission makes recommendations to City Council on the historic designation of districts and individual properties.
See information about the Kids First Advisory Board.
It is the responsibility of the Liquor License Authority to grant or refuse licenses, to conduct investigations as are required by law and to levy penalties against licensees.
The Next Generation Advisory Commission was created by Aspen City Council to advance the policy interest of the 18 to 40 year-old demographic who live or work in Aspen.
The Open Space and Trail Board makes recommendations to City Council and Staff on the acquisition and management of open space.
The Planning & Zoning Commission studies long-range planning matters, including the Aspen Area Community Plan, and makes recommendations to City Council.
The sister city program includes, but is not limited to: Promoting and fostering cultural, linguistic, academic, and professional connections and friendships.