Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Radon is a colorless, odorless radioactive gas that enters the home from the natural decay of uranium in the ground. Exposure to radon over a long period of time can lead to lung cancer and over 21,000 lung cancer deaths in the U.S. each year are attributed to radon.
The greatest exposure to radon is indoors because it can become concentrated inside buildings where most of our time is spent. Any kind of home (new, old, remodeled, apartment or single family) can have radon and the only way to find out if your home has high levels is to test.
For more information on how we can help you test for and understand radon levels in your home, go to our radon information page or visit our office on the 2nd Floor of Aspen City Hall.